Monday, June 27, 2011

Germaine Trenary

These are the two paintings I submitted to the Hockaday Glacier Paintout Fund Raiser.  I am not really happy with them, but am not unhappy with my progress in plein-air painting. I had several failures, but took lots of pictures for future paintings.  The park was breath-takingly beautiful.  This was an amazing experience and my painting buddy and chief back-patter (my niece Linda) and I had so much fun painting plein-air in Glacier Park. Stayed at Lake McDonald...the Going to the Sun road was not opened yet because of record snow this year, some painters hiked in to vista areas, we painting mostly in the open areas...cautious because of the bears, you know.  Surprisingly, there were alot of people visiting the park already, bet they were disappointed not to be able to go up the Going to the Sun and see the amazing views.  There were many outstanding paintings from great artists and I was thrilled just to be one of the thirty.  Hopefully, they will invite me back next year and I will be a better painter.

No comments:

Post a Comment